Friday, December 16, 2016

How music invokes emotion



I watch a lot of TV. I can honestly say that I watch 1-2 hours every day. And one day, I saw a commercial that I absolutely fell in love with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CwvU6ylGgk

There is nothing very special about this commercial, it's for Amazon Prime. So why do I like it so much? I puzzled over this in my head, never really understanding why I kept singing it in the shower and humming the words. It took a while for me to figure out that the reason I was so obsessed with this commercial was because of the song they used in the background. The song just makes me connect with the commercial, and I just want to watch it over and over again.

That's what music does. Music, songs, and melodies, just make you tap into the emotions displayed at the moment. It's why, even if you are driving to school to take the most possibly hardest and most stressful test ever in your life, you can still have a dance party in the car with your rock music. Music, somehow, makes you forget about everything and live in the moment in a way that few other things can do. There is something amazing about humming along with the melody that impacts you and makes you really feel the mood of the music. How? No one really knows.

2 comments:

  1. I watched the video and really liked the song. It's so interesting how music can make you feel so different from one moment to the next. I love the affects music can have on people and their emotions. I have had those instances where I'll be in a bad mood and then my favorite song comes on and by the end I can't even remember what had made me upset in the first place. It's just so amazing that music has the ability to have such an impact on you and your emotions. So basically I'm just glad music is there when I'm having a bad day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought this was really interesting, I could really understand what you were saying and relate. The way you worded this was really good an d hooked me into your post. Really good job 👍.

    ReplyDelete