Wednesday, October 12, 2016

King Krule
My friends and I often like to share new music with each other. One of my friends introduced me to an artist I had never heard of before--King Krule. Archy Marshall (King Krule being his stage name) is a 22 year old English indie rock artist. His first album, 6 Feet Beneath The Moon is truly unlike anything I’ve heard before. His quirky style is integrated with jazz instruments and even some electric and acoustic guitar. But what I find most amazing about his music is his voice. It’s so rich and deep, yet also slightly husky. It sounds brilliant in contrast to the instrumental components of his music which are really understated, allowing for his vocals to take center stage. Not only does it sound amazing, but his lyrics are full of meaning and worth listening to. I enjoy finding up-and-coming artists, because I feel like it’s the support of just a few random kids (like us!) that can help kickstart their musical career. I also think it’s cool to be able to find music that’s really distinctive, because it has the ability to spice up your usual playlist (if that makes sense).  This is a link to just one of his songs, but his whole album is on Spotify. Sharing music is an awesome thing, so I hope you guys check him out! :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR46jrwnhXY

No comments:

Post a Comment