Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Delilah

Recently I got really into this one girl group called Mamamoo. They're from South Korea and mainly do songs with some sort of jazzy feel to them, which is really interesting to me from both a historical and cultural perspective, because I like to see the way American music has migrated around the world.
I especially enjoy their live performances at singing shows, however, since they're all immensely talented. They're especially impressive when they perform on this one show, Immortal Songs, which is structured around new singers performing vintage/old songs and revamping them in a competition with the original singer as a judge. Around this time last year, Mamamoo sang a stunning and passionate rendition of Tom Jones' Delilah (don't worry there are subtitles):
The rendition they did also involved a rap written by the girls, and transitioned from English to Korean, which was a really cool showcase of the shift from culture to culture. I definitely recommend you to watch it. It gives me chills every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment