Thursday, October 13, 2016

Hypocritical Role Models


Hypocritical Role Models

Often times when I’m in the car and listen to the radio, I hear these fake voices, and I wonder, how many of these singers voices would sound without autotune and how many would sound sort of the same. I also wonder how different the singers would sound. So I searched up singers without autotune and came up with a video showing me the true voices of five different singers. Justin Bieber, Ariana Grande, Lana Del Rey, Katy Perry and Britney Spears. The video showed an artist’s song with autotune and then without.
Justin Bieber sounded a lot younger without auto-tune and more like a normal person, he still sounded really good though. He just sounded less like a machine and like an actual normal person. They put so much autotune on him that it changed the song even. On the other hand, Ariana Grande sounded almost exactly the same, but you could tell there were two of her voices singing and the autotune made it sound like one. I would actually say she sounds better without autotune.
Unfortunately, for Lana Del Ray, it seems like autotune just about did her job for     
her. If you heard Lana’s voice with and without autotune not knowing they’re the same person, you would think they were completely different people. Her voice was low and whiney without auto-tune sounding nothing alike the fake version. Katy Perry sounded pretty good without auto-tune but also pretty different. You could definitely tell it was the same person, but her voice just sounded more scratchy, shaky, and unstable without autotune. Autotune made her voice sound a lot more smooth covering up all the falters. Like Ariana Grande, surprisingly Britney Spears natural voice sounded very familiar to her auto-tuned voice, and the only difference I could tell was that two of her voices were singing instead of the autotuned version sounding like one. This was surprising to me, because I was prejudice towards Britney and thought she would have the most autotune.
All in all watching this video was surprising and yet disappointing. It really lets you down seeing some of our inspirational idols who tell you not to be fake and what the good things you should do when they’re just being huge hypocrites. The people we look up to are doing what they tell us not to do right behind our backs. Now that is disappointing. But at least most of them are still amazing singers and (hopefully) nice people. ;)
The link to the video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koQksuxzJ4w

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree we look up to what we think are amazing singers and in reality some of them might not be famous without autotune. Because a lot of my favorite singers that I've looked up to since I was like 5 like Selena Gomez and Miley Cirus and when I find out that that isn't even their real voice I question why I had ever looked up to them. I disagree that this was disappointing because I think most of them sound way better without autotune and it's nice to hear their actual voice. Because I agree Ariana Grande and Brittany spears sounded almost exactly the same. But it was really fascinating getting to see a different angle, it makes you question what real talent is if you have autotune.

    ReplyDelete