Friday, October 14, 2016

"In A Week" by Hozier

    I chose to write about this video because I love Hozier. I think he has a really unique sound and is a great guitarist. I love this song because even though it’s depressing I also think it’s really sweet. Just like all of his songs I love the guitar accompaniment.
    I think this video is better than a normal song clip because you can see the personality of the performers. It shows the casual-ness of the performance and breaks the wall between the performers and the audience. I love the description he gives for the song because you often don’t know where the inspiration came from for artists songs. I think it's really interesting to find out that it came from something very personalized but works for so many people on a lot of levels.
    I love that it doesn't feel like you're watching a performance it feels like you're just watching two friends just playing together. I think a big part of that is the intro that I already talked about and the fact that he has a mug of tea next to him and that he starts to play and then stops because he forgot to say the title of the song.
   
    See what you think: https://youtu.be/_iMiLEnZUFI 

2 comments:

  1. I have never listen to this artist before until now but I definitely agree that the guitar accompaniment is lovely. I personally enjoyed the duet and the song wouldn't be complete without it. I also agree that it's a little bit depressing and that its sweat, but I also find that it's very meaningful. The artist seems very dedicated to his music which makes it sound great. And I agree that the overall performance is very friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow so like this has been one of my favorite songs for years now. I feel like Hozier never got his due recognition, and most people probably think of him as a one hit wonder because of his big hit "Take Me to Church." But I remember being curious about the rest of his music and when I checked it out, I fell in love with pretty much the whole album. His voice is so beautiful and simple and sweet and sad all at the same time. His music feels whole in a way that a lot of modern music doesn't to me. Every instrument and voice is just the right amount, and their parts are there for a reason. His songs are really artistic, but are also super versatile. I can listen to him in good moods and gloomy moods, when I need to focus and when I need to relax. If anybody else reading this likes great acoustic music check him ouutttt

    ReplyDelete