Thursday, October 1, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R1OAFA7DXE

Three Little Maids is a very intriguing song in women's choir. I love this video because of the theatrical part of it. It really brings character and life to it. The costumes are big gown dresses and and coats and they have danced routines and AMAZING FACIAL EXPRESSIONS. The best part about this video is how ENERGIZED they are, making the audience completely engage in the piece. As were taught, it's very good to be energized while singing a song and look happy.  In this video, it was almost if they were telling a story, rather than singing.  The women were singing soprano and alto and the men would sing a lot lower and they harmonized a lot bringing lots of power into the song with their voices together.  I noticed they would slap their knees and jump and clap and run around on stage with perfect dances choreographed making their whole performance very well thought out and engaging.  This song relates to Three Little Maids a lot due to it's sound and how both songs are presented on stage, both are so cheerful and happy, making you feel happy and SO diverse to Sleviagti nel core. Whereas it's so powerful and scary and conveys a completely different story.  Overall, I loved the performance and am excited to be doing it in women's choir.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a little confused because the video is of Gondoliers, but I understand what your saying and I absolutely agree, the dancing really making it fun and engaging. I also think its amazing how the singers could still sing so loudly and confidently while they were dancing and probably at least a little out of breath. The costumes were also fantastic, it must've been so hard acting and dancing in them though, it probably got so hot. I liked that you noticed the difference in the alto and soprano parts, I did not really catch that. I think it could be because they have men singing as well. It is definitely so much more different from Sleviagti nel core and it's pretty cool that we're doing such different songs in the same concert. I'm getting so much more excited to sing this song and having watched this and seeing how energized they are I should really try to work harder to be more energized in Gondoliers and Three Little Maids.


    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that the maids were very energetic and happy and I loved especially the gowns that made the scene more colorful and the choreography really went with the song and how they're all kind of like mischievous little maids. I also noticed that there were different voices kind of like our song that there was the soprano kind of like second soprano and alto because there weren't actually that low you can maybe tell that there were soprano alto and second soprano. And also facial expressions i agree that they brought the performance to life. I can't wait to do our choir performance and sing this song .

    ReplyDelete