Tuesday, May 17, 2016

When The world Ends

This song was made for me when I was performing my dance solo for the YAGP. This song to me showed a story. The story was a man who hated worked and he wanted to break free and this song helps the meaning. The Music of the song is what gives the character life. Words are not always the point of a dance but the rythm and sound of the music it self is what gave me the passion to do more thing like this. The story I told was a man who hated his work life. He was high class and famous but hated it all and wanted freedom. He was pulling away from the side that he wanted to get away from but the other force was pulling him back. Soon it was a fight for control and the music gave it life. The slow parts was him breaking the chains and the fast parts were him breaking out from the force keeping him. The end shows the man defeated and the other side winning but the last you see is him (or me in this case) throwing his handkerchief away as that last sign of freedom saying "You beat me now, but I am still here, ready to fight again." The music was giving everything life and that is why dance means so much cause of the music you hear.
Here is the link to the song Enjoy! When the World ends song

No comments:

Post a Comment