Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Stone Cold by Demi Lovato


  This performance of Stone Cold by Demi Lovato is incredible. My mom showed me this video the other night and after watching it (and a minute of silent shock) I said "I knew she had it in her". Ever since I saw Demi Lovato on Camp Rock I knew she could sing. Then she sang the typical not actually music that everyone sings right now. But now she's getting to the good kind of music. This performance on SNL is flawless. It's so gut wrenching and emotional. I can feel her pain when she's singing and that's really personal and beautiful in a performance. When I listened to it the first time I was floored.She gave me goose bumps for more than half of the song. I would also like to point out the couple of seconds and the end of the video when Demi puts her head on the mic and is trying not to cry, because for me that was a sweet moment. More technically speaking I love her powerful range. She can belt pretty high in my opinion. I also love when she sings and she almost lets her voice crack, it like a soft squiggle in the music which I think is pretty unique to her. Demi Lovato proved herself to me by this song(not like she cares but...).


1 comment:

  1. I just watched this and...WOW...I mean really! Absolutely gorgeous and powerful. The rawness of the performance really gives it such an intense emotional power. I'd like to point our how simplistic the set, her outfit, hair, and makeup was. It was so nice because it let you focus so much on the words and emotion of the song instead of the set, lights, outfit, and makeup like most stars like to do these days. She wanted you to focus on the song and how she felt about it instead of how "beautiful and flawless she is." She has really grown since her Disney days. Most would expect her to turn out at stereotypical disney star. But, I really think she has become a very mature and iconic young women that isn't like most singers. She is definitely a very unique and beautiful person who has a lot of positive ideas and morals to put out into this world.

    ReplyDelete