Sunday, December 6, 2015

Singing

Yes, the title is vague. Yes, the title probably doesn't give many hints as to what I'm going to write about, but the title is also the answer to being happy and healthy. I've been singing every since I can remember, and I don't mean "professionally" or taking voice lessons. I mean I've been singing along to every song that I ever hear since I can remember-- it's part of who I am; I don't think there's been a day in my life that I haven't sung for at least five minutes. I didn't know what I was going to write for my blog post, so I googled what I love doing most: "singing." The first link that I clicked on was exactly what I was looking for, even if I didn't know it. I think/hope everyone knows what buzzfeed is. And if you don't where have you been, living under a rock? This particular buzzfeed article was called "15 Reasons You Need To Start Singing Every Minute Of Every Day." While, this website isn't  the Huffington Post or New York times, it does give links to actual scientific research that proves each point they make. Some of the things the article says are:


  • Singing releases endorphins, which make you instantly happier
  • You'll sleep better
  • Your posture will straighten, and make you more confident
  • It's a good workout
And many more. 

Aside from making some very good points, the have some KILLER gifs that really just completed the article. 

Here's the link: http://www.buzzfeed.com/juliapugachevsky/reasons-why-you-need-to-start-singing#.koDnqynnA

I hope everyone can take 5 minutes out of their day, and if not read it all the way through, at least look at the fantastic choice of moving pictures. 




2 comments:

  1. Wow this is really interesting! It makes me want to sing more now that I have read this. My friend actually had asthma and singing helps her somehow and I do know singing can help many other lung problems by freeing and strengthening the body's respiratory system and increase lung capacity so it can be easier to breathe. As well as making breathing easier, singing helps with depression and stress. Another plus is it neck strain, so the position that you stand in puts the shoulders in a relaxed position and settles your spine. So I bet if many people knew this people would be inspired to sing more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm one of those people that sings everyday too, since childhood. My parents have this story about me singing as a little kid at the dinner table and literally passing out into my food after a while. I sing mostly in the car because I live in basically Corralitos and I have a long way to PCS and have to entertain myself somehow. I've been having ear/throat/allergy problems recently though so I have to remind myself to take a break... and to make a doctor's appointment.

    ReplyDelete