Thursday, December 3, 2015

The little drummer boy



With Christmas coming up I thought I would pick something festive for my choir blog. The little drummer boy is one of my favorite Christmas songs and I love all the energy that they put into this number so I thought everyone might enjoy this version. Although the vocal part of the song is very short, I though the soloist did a wonderful job. I really enjoyed how smooth the tone of his voice was. Although he did not choose to add many vocal variations, the song was simple and delightful which was perfect because the song soon escalated into a big number. Also, I thought he did a great job hitting the high note at the end of the song. I know that the violinist’s name is Rebeca Jackson and I thought her work was flawless. I am not familiar enough with the violin to judge, but I thought that her note transitions were extremely polished. As for the percussion, I thought they really stole the show. It was a little hard to tell in the video but the drummers were drumming on metal trash cans. The drummers managed to stay in sync which seems difficult to do while changing positions and being blasted with the fog machines. The young girls with the trash can lids also seemed to be having a bunch of fun which was adorable to watch. The thing I most enjoyed about this song was the way the drummers were able to create a really nice sound when it all came together. Although it does not seem like drumming on metal trash cans and violin would create a nice combination, the overall sound is pretty delightful. Although nothing compares to seeing it live, this video did a pretty good job of encompassing the sound of the show.  

No comments:

Post a Comment