Sunday, December 6, 2015

Pandora

As a person who loves discovering new music and artists, I find that Pandora is my go-to place to listen to new music. I have a huge amount of likes on it, and have been using it for several years now, but I have never bothered to pay for it? Why? I simply think that the free version is just fine. While the occasional annoying ad or two pops up when I’m on a road trip or at school, which effectively pushes me into real life, I enjoy the service. However, the payment that is requested by Pandora isn’t too much a month (only $3.99). The company has to pay royalties for the songs that I listen to, and I don’t pay them a cent. The service has been upping the amount of ads in recent years, up to the point that, with repeated ads and the frequency that I listen to music, I can recite them word-for word when they come on. The company has been losing money, and I think I should be paying. I feel like I’m mooching off of Pandora’s freedom to let its customers do what they want. I know that by listening to the ads, I’m paying them a bit, but I feel like if anyone has used a music streaming service as much as I have, they should pay the monthly fees.

1 comment:

  1. Pandora for me has also been my go-to place for a long time cause I enjoy being able to listen to free music. Sometimes adds do pop up after every 3 to 4 songs that had played and yes the ads have been quite repetitive this past year also there's limits on how many times you can skip songs per station. Even though I'm thankful to have Pandora cause it’s a way i can enjoy music freely and they do deserve some pay for their service, I think that it's not worth paying 3.99 dollars per month even though its ads free and you get unlimited skips. In my case not pay those 3.99 dollars per month saves money that can be used for something more useful and it helps save money for my family when we don't have much.

    ReplyDelete