Thursday, February 18, 2016

Kanye's new album.

Ok so if no one is is going to do this then I will. I'm here to talk about Yeezy's new album that was just released days ago. First of all, shortly after putting up The Life of Pablo as a Tidal streaming exclusive that you could also buy outright, West decided to pull the album from standard sales entirely. But it ended up being pirated and already has been illegally downloaded by half a million people. Yeezy messed up big time and this has already been estimated to have lost him 10 million bucks. But it's not like he needed it that badly anyways so nbd lets get to the music. 
My personal favorite song on the album is actually only the background track to one of his songs called "Fade." For his fashion show a few weeks ago he played this background track as a little bit of a sneak peak for his album and I actually like it far more than the whole song itself. A bunch of different tracks are put on repeat with someone saying "I feel it" over and over again over all of the different tracks. It starts with a man saying "You're loving is fading" on repeat and goes into this sick beat that is indescribable. Pretty much "bum bum bum budabum" with someone saying "I feel it" over the beat on repeat. It then moves into something new where a drum is being hit and a woman is saying "d-d-stop. d-d-stop," while a man is saying "I feel it, I feel it fade," over the beat. But when each beat is repeated over and over it sounds sooooo good. The first time I listened to this was in my bf's car with the volume and the bass all the way up and this is pretty much the only way you can listen to it to get the entire effect. Here's the link to the instrumental version I'm talking about. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIPP8-tvTOs
Overall, the album was a little bit of a disappointment. The first time I heard it I was surprised that it wasn't better, but the more times I listen to it, the more it grows on me and I'm starting to like it a lot more. So give it a chance and don't be quick to judge because Kanye has been an extremely influential artist for this generation if not the most. Download tidal and see for yourself!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment