Thursday, February 18, 2016

Awesome A Capella choir performance
I chose this video cause I thought that the choir performance was pretty neat. I love how in the beginning of the performance the choir and the audience make rain noises by snapping their fingers or patting their knees and hitting the ground . Another thing I enjoyed and thought was great about this performance is that the song they sang made me think of tribes performing a ceremony  mostly because it was singed A Capella. During the whole performance the whole choir was energetic when they had to be and not when they didn't, that change made a big difference in the performance because that's what made the song exiting. I loved that the choir ( it was a mix choir) projected when they sang which made the words that they were saying somewhat clearer.
The whole choir was wearing formal black wear which helped give what they were singing a sort of serious tone. Most of the choir had pretty good posture and some didn't but that's something that can be improved. What I loved most was when the women in the choir started waving their hands and singing towards  the other side of the risers where the other choir woman did the same Overall I really enjoyed this video and felt like it was a good performance to share in the blog.

2 comments:

  1. I agree because the sound really amazing to hear and the sound quality and it beautiful the way the music sounds. The mixing of the choir really made things burst out and caused this emotional feeling that went through and now that you get to hear and feel this you can really learn to understand the hard work tat goes in to this performance and how well the quality come outs. I am impressed with the feeling of this and want to go see these shows and performances for this type of quality. I can hear the sections well and how they can use each other to listen to the sound and really get a good feel for each other. One thing I noticed was how happy they were to sing and how they never left slips get to them. Every one gets scared and they do an amazing job at not showing it. Over all this was an amazing video and recommend seeing more of these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this video because it really stands out as something unusual which in my opinion is hard to do with choral music. I love the way they start with the audience participating. I also like the way the choir interacted through out the piece. When I listened to the song it really had a specific quality of a rain forest and made me see what I was supposed to see. Cool video.

    ReplyDelete