Monday, April 18, 2016

Music Taste

One of the hardest questions for me to answer continues to be “What’s your favorite band?” (or singer or song). For someone with an eclectic music taste it can be nigh impossible to pick a singular favorite. I could tell you that the Arctic Monkeys AM album is one of my indie albums, but at the same time Supertramp’s The Autobiography of Supertramp is a personal classic. For someone with a music taste that even I can never quite pin down, music streaming and playlists are my go-to. I’m sure I’ve already made a blog post about 8tracks.com, but in this case the qualities I’m praising include the quantity of playlists, and the diversity of playlists available. The way 8tracks works is that its users are the ones to compile and upload the playlists, which results in huge amounts of difference in quality and composition of playlists. This makes each one a little more human. It’s also easy to search for genres, artists, even what sort of mood you want to get from your music, from chill vibes to glam to epic. This variety is a huge plus for someone who can never settle on one type of music. I even found a studying playlist that includes a variety of genres, because the user who made it gets bored with one genre for too long while studying. I guess I’m just telling you all to check it out. If you like easy to use, free, and legal music streaming, this is for you.

2 comments:

  1. I totally understand the whole not-being-able to choose a favorite type of music thing. I think 8tracks is great because it lets me choose music by my mood instead of by like genre or something because, on my own, the music I listen to can be Into the Woods one minute and Hozier or Beyonce the next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand the whole not-being-able to choose a favorite type of music thing. I think 8tracks is great because it lets me choose music by my mood instead of by like genre or something because, on my own, the music I listen to can be Into the Woods one minute and Hozier or Beyonce the next.

    ReplyDelete