Sunday, April 3, 2016

Lynyrd Skynyrd--Free Bird (and a little extra on the side)

The other day my mom and I were talking about the classic rock concert. We were trying to figure out if I were to sing a song what song should I do? This is my mom's favorite genre of music, so she definitely had a lot of suggestions. We went through the usual-- "I love Rock N' Roll", "Hit Me With Your Best Shot", "Satisfaction", etc. We almost landed on a Spanish version of the Steve Miller Band's song "Serenade" (I'll post a link to that song below it's actually one of my favorite songs), but then my mom kept playing around on the computer and sort of jumped up and down in her seat saying "FREE BIRD, FREE BIRD!" As I  mentioned before, this is her favorite genre of music (she grew up with a lot of it), and she said that a classic rock concert wouldn't be complete without Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Free Bird". We listened to the lyrics, and it is actually very fitting for me to sing this year. It starts off with "If I leave here tomorrow.." which essentially I am, along with all the seniors. I wanted to do a song that was sort of saying goodbye, but still a rock song and this song hits the hammer right on the head. It is a ten minute song, and more than five minutes of that song is a guitar solo so that will have to get figured out, but my uncle in Spain who writes his own music and is low key a celebrity in Burgos (the town where he lives) can most likely do a cut and transpose it for me. When you all get a chance you should really listen to this song because it is beautiful, and it's true-- a classic rock concert wouldn't be complete with out some Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Free Bird: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGopskR5jSM

Llamando a la tierra: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIZxLJbAxTI

No comments:

Post a Comment