Monday, June 6, 2016

The New "Jungle Book"


I was really excited to go see the new Jungle Book with my family. I really liked the movie but was disappointed there weren’t more of the original songs. They had three songs from the original movie which were the “Bare Necessities”, “Trust in Me” and “I Wan’na Be Like You”. All of these songs were all spoken instead of sung. I really liked the Billy Murray singing/speaking the “Bare Necessities” because it seemed like it really fit with Balloo’s character. But the other songs I would have liked to be sung, especially “Trust in Me”. I thought that with “Trust in Me” be whispered instead of sung it more seductive instead of a hallucinatory. I also thought it was wrong to have Louie speak/sing “I Wan’na Be Like You” because I feel like his character would sing. Everyone I talked to about this was like “It’s not supposed to be the same” and I was like “but I the music is what makes the jungle book fun”. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment